Proposing to Your Bridesmaids
In the past, brides would simply pick up the phone and ask their friends to be in their wedding. Now it has become a much bigger production. Brides typically “pop the question” to the people they want in their wedding party. This adds to the excitement of the honor.
Creative ways to propose to bridesmaids:
- Have flowers or a gift basket delivered to each prospective bridesmaid with a card asking, “Will you be my bridesmaid?”
- Invite the girls to your home or out to dinner and give each of them a balloon with the bridesmaid proposal. You can also propose a toast with personalized wine glasses that include their name and the proposal.
- Give each person a piece of jewelry in a design that relates to your relationship and a note asking her to be your bridesmaid.
- Wrap a bottle of wine or champagne with a personal message about why you’d like her to be your bridesmaid.
- Personalized bridesmaid care package. This can be a cosmetic bag with lip balm, tissues, a hairbrush, and chocolate.
- Give each girl a personalized “Will you be my bridesmaid” picture frame with a photo of you and her from a happy occasion.
- Have a scavenger hunt party. Have enough clues to keep them guessing until they get to the “prize,” which can be a personalized box filled with small things you know they’ll like. Don’t forget to attach a handwritten note asking them to be your bridesmaid. Some of the items in the box may include a photo frame, monogrammed handkerchief, necklace, or another item that pertains to your relationship.
Ask the expert- Rania Anklis – a certified wedding planner based in Toronto- Canada from The Day Events.